Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hey, Hey!!

There is no excuse for why i did not post anything for more than a month, well, i guess being lazy does not count as an excuse.
I'll sum up the things that have been going on with me of late, i list them out in points, after seeing lotta people do that now-a-days.

  1. Nashik trip.Stayed at subho's place. Was awesome, went to Anjaneri and Trimbakeshwar temple. We would have done the Bramhagiri trek the same day, but it takes 3hrs to reach to the top and it was already 4, so chucked it. The next day we went to Sula, tried different types of wines, can't remember the names though.After that we took a long drive to Manas valley via Igatpuri and then back to Nashik.
  2. Guitar Classes. I joined a guitar class to learn and play by notations. Its pretty easy, but the only way i would get to learning it, was if I enrolled myself for classes, sit and practice over there, otherwise its shit boring if u try it on your own. Am playing pieces from a book called Hall Leonard Guitar Method Book 1&2. The songs are totally unknown, the only one i've known so far is Greensleeves. The only thing bothering me is timing in some pieces, i tried using a metronome but prefer tapping my feet. But its ok, i guess i'll get used to it in time.
  3. Moosik. Have been listening to lot of blues of late. I am a big blues fan, but did not listen to loads of blues artists earlier. My source of blues had been Clapton, SRV, Muddy Waters and few covers by CCR, The Allman Brothers Band.I've started listening to Albert King, Johnny and Edgar Winter, Robert Cray, BB King and some compilations viz. Living Chicago blues and Best of Blues guitar. Btw there are loads of classifications in the blues also, there is Delta blues, Chicago blues, Texas Blues- amongst the ones i've heard of. Delta blues is more of the raw blues, i mean Robert Johnson was the king of delta blues, and if u heard any of his songs then u would know what i'm talking about. Chicago Blues is more a combination of a variety of instruments. Acoustic and electric guitars, piano, Harp, sax. Here every instrument would share the lead. Muddy Waters was the most famous guy in this category(Watch the movie Cadillac Records based on the legendary Chess Records, a must watch if you are a blues fan).Don't know a lot about Texas blues but i read somewhere that ZZ Top belongs to this category, so i'm guessing basic blues rhythm combined with heavy riffs.
  4. TV. Waching anything and everything on TV. I still remember Miss America's answer to the question on Are you smarter than a Fifth grader- which heavenly body contains 99% mass of our solar system...uhh the universe??LOL.
  5. Snake park: Had gone to Katraj Snake park recently. Saw the Saw Scaled, Russels and the Great King Cobra amongst many others. My mom had got a snakebite about 8 yrs back by either a fully grown saw scaled viper or a young russels viper in my garden. I just wanted to get the fear of snakes out of my system, so read a lot of material about snake and snakebites online. Plus i love trekking so i guess knowledge of snakes would always help.
  6. Joining date Blues: I still have not recieved joining from Mu-Sigma, though there seems to be lot of optimism on the joining being preponed. Hope thats true and keeping my fingers crossed.

I guess that sums up about everything that going on with me at the present. Plan to go out on a trek soon, looking for company, so if anyone is interested plz contact.
Bye Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Masoombi, thoda frequency bada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZZ Top- 3 chords, 4 decades. You have been warned Masoom!

    ReplyDelete